Friday, April 15, 2016

The Dub Shop ECU

As many of you know the development of some new hardware has been going on. It's been a little while since I've posted anything about it so here goes.


The most recent work in developing a new ECU has been verifying the that the internal wideband controller is doing what it is suppose to. I have chosen to add an accessory bung into my exhaust for a 6th 02 sensor. I use a CAN-EGT with 4 very proven Innovate LC-2 sensors to collect data from each cylinder already. Now with the combination of the 4 02 sensors at each port I am able to average all the sensor reading and compare that to what the internal controller is seeing at the collector. Cool right! That's what I thought. Check it out.


I know, It looks like a garbled mess. So bear with me. First off I have disables the software filters so this is raw data from all the sensors. In the middle section is the 4 sensors at the heads. My trimming isn't perfect for each cylinder yet but that is ok. It gives us more data to crunch. The top is some standard stuff, RPM, TPS, Manifold pressure and a single cylinder PW just for a reference. Now for the point of this post. The bottom section. I created a calculated field to average 4 cylinders together and named it 'AFR Average', then I made another filed to compare the average to the internal WB controller 'Int vs Avg'. Highlighting a steady state section of my log almost 60 seconds long I was shocked to see that the internal WB had less than a percent error over this period (You can see this in the bottom right box, very last line). I chose steady state because you can then factory out sensor latency from head to collector.



So there you have it. Some good data about The Dub Shop ECU and the internal wideband controller.  It's pretty damn accurate in comparison with some of the best 02 controllers on the market.

See ya all next week, I'm going for a drive!!

CAN-EGT with Probes

Head 02 Bungs with EGT port
Head side bungs

New collector 02 bung

Both collector bungs

No comments:

Post a Comment